Export emails from Windows Live Mail to Microsoft Outlook
Software: Office 2010, 2013 & 2016 | Last modified on 2018-06-18
How to export emails from Windows Live Mail to Microsoft Outlook via the third party program called MailStore.
[Solution 1] Export emails with the use of MailStore
- Download and install the program: https://my.mailstore.com/Downloads/Home.
- Open the program.
- In the left sidebar, click archive e-mails.
- In the Archive emails menu, under 'E-mailclients', click 'Windows Live Mail'.
- Choose the folders you would like to keep by pressing the '...' button. All e-mail folders are selected by default.
- Click 'Finish' and 'OK'. Mailstore has now made a new profile.
- Under profiles, double-click Windows Live Mail. The emails from the selected folders will now be archived. This can take a while depending on the amount of emails.
- In the left sidebar a new folder has appeared called 'Personal archive', right click this and choose 'Export to -> Microsoft Outlook'.
- Under 'Export e-mails to your local Outlook' choose the correct outlook profile and click 'Next'.
- After the exportation has finished, Open Microsoft Outlook and test if the mails/folders are recovered.