How to open the Command Prompt in Windows
Software: Windows 7, 8 & 10 | Last modified on 2018-06-18
Learn how to open the Command Prompt with administrative privileges in Windows.
[Solution 1] Use the Start Menu
- Right-click on the Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- This option is no longer available in recent builds of Windows 10.
[Solution 2] Use the Search panel
- Open the Start Menu and click on the search bar.
- Search for CMD, right-click on the Command Prompt
and select Run as administrator.
[Solution 3] Use the Task Manager
- Open the Task Manager (CTRL + ALT + DEL).
- Open File and click Run new task.
- Type cmd.exe and check the Create this task with administrative privileges option.
- Click OK to launch the Command Prompt.