Installing any Windows 7 version from any Windows 7 .ISO
Software: Windows 7, 8 & 10 | Last modified on 2018-06-18
Always make sure you have a backup before repairing (ex. in-place upgrade) or re-installing Windows.
[Solution 1] Unzipping .ISO and removing 'ei.cfg' from the sources folder
- Download a Windows 7 .ISO file (32- or 64-bit).
- Unzip the .ISO file with a program like for example 7-Zip.
- Open the zipped file and double click the folder 'sources'.
- Delete the file 'ei.cfg'.
- Run 'Setup.exe' from the main folder.
- Choose NOT to install updates to prevent issues.
- Choose the corresponding Windows version from the list and click 'Next'.
- Agree to the license agreement.
- Click 'Upgrade' and wait until the process is finished.
- Reboot the system.
- Test if the issue is resolved.