Libcef.dll is damaged / missing when launching applications
Software: Windows 7, 8 & 10 | Last modified on 2018-06-18
When attempting to launch an application, an error occurs stating that the 'Libcef.dll' is damaged or missing.
[Solution 1] Reinstall the affected application
- Open the Control Panel and click Programs & Features.
- Click on the affected application and select Uninstall.
- Restart the computer and reinstall the application that you've just uninstalled.
[Solution 2] Register the libcef.dll file & repair Windows
- Open the Command Prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin).
- Execute Regsvr32 /u libcef.dll to add the file to the registry.
- Execute Sfc /scannow to scan Windows for corrupt or missing files.
- Perform a full anti-malware scan with your installed anti-virus or anti-malware program. We have had great succes with Malwarebytes.
- Restart the computer and attempt to launch the application again.