Outlook email reply automatic sender disabled
Software: Office 2010, 2013 & 2016 | Last modified on 2018-06-18
If you've setup multiple accounts in Outlook and when attempting to send an email, every reply is being sent from the same address.
[Solution 1] Create a new PST file to save the settings
- Open the Outlook app.
- Open File and click Account Settings.
- Open Data Files and click Add...
- Create a new PST file in C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Outlook called Settings.
- Select the new PST file in the list and select Set as default.
- Restart Outlook.
- Optional: You can move the new file to the bottom in the overview.
[Solution 2] Create a new Outlook profile
- Open the Control Panel.
- Select Small icons at View by.
- Open Mail and click Show profiles...
- Select Add... and give the new profile an unique name.
- Either use the automatic setup or the manual setup, depending on your email account type.
- Select Manual setup or additional server types if you're using a POP3 account. You can find the previous .PST files at C:\Users\YourName\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.
- Walk through the steps to re-add your main account.
- If you want to add more email accounts, start Outlook and select Add account at File.