Reactivate Windows 10 after hardware changes
Software: Windows 10 | Last modified on 2018-06-18
Windows 10 sometimes has to be reactivated after replacing or upgrading hardware within your computer or laptop.
[Solution 1] Reactivate Windows 10
- Open the Settings app.
- Open Update & Security and click Activation.
- Open Troubleshoot and select I changed hardware on this device recently.
- Sign in with your Microsoft Account.
- Fill in your current Windows password (leave it empty if you didn't setup a password for the local account).
- Select This is the device I'm using right now and click Activate.
- A message will appear, stating that Windows is activated again.