Repairing emails and identities in Office 2011 for Mac systems
Software: Office 2011 & 2016 | Last modified on 2018-06-18
Always make a backup of the Microsoft User Data folder before troubleshooting profiles / identities
Overview of steps to repairing and recovering emails and identities in Office 2011 on Mac systems.
[Solution 1] Making an Office 2011 for Mac user data backup
- First you have to go to the Documents folder.
- The following folder holds the Outlook Data, Templates and such:Microsoft User Data
- Duplicate this file and place it somewhere safe. For example your desktop or an external media like USB or HDD
[Solution 2] Troubleshooting profiles / identities in Office 2011 for Mac
- To open the Microsoft Database Utility press and hold the CMD key (Windows: Alt key) while clicking on the Outlook shortcut
- If an Identity is encountering issues, you can try to repair it by selecting the Identity and clicking the Rebuild button
- If the Rebuild option didn't work out as planned you can try to add a new Identity instead. To add a new profile click the '+' icon
- To set another profile as default, click the profile followed up by clicking on the settings button with the gear icon.
- Select Set as default in this list. The newly made profile will now automatically be used when opening Outlook.