Repairing emails and identities in Office 2016 for Mac systems
Software: Office 2011 & 2016 | Last modified on 2018-06-18
Always make a backup of the UBF8T346G9.Office folder before troubleshooting profiles / identities
Overview of steps to repairing and recovering emails and identities in Office 2016 on Mac systems.
[Solution 1] Making an Office 2016 for Mac user data backup
- First you have to go to the Documents folder.
- The following folder holds the Outlook Data, Templates and such: UBF8T346G9.Office
- Duplicate this file and place it somewhere safe. For example your desktop or an external media like USB or HD
[Solution 2] Troubleshooting profiles / identities in Office 2016 for Mac
- To open the Outlook Profile Manager press and hold the CMD key (Windows: Alt key) while clicking on the Outlook shortcut
- If an Identity is encountering issues, you can't try to repair it manually like in Office 2011 for MAC. Instead, Office 2016 for MAC tries doing this automatically if there are issues launching in the current profile. If the automatic repair didn't work follow the next steps.
- To add a new profile in order to solve issues, click the '+' icon
- To set another profile as default, click the profile followed up by clicking on the settings button with the gear icon.
- Select Set as default in this list. The newly made profile will now automatically be used when opening Outlook.