Reset the Windows Store cache for a single user account
Software: Windows 10 | Last modified on 2018-06-18
It's advised to reset the Windows Store cache when you're experiencing issues with apps that are installed through the Windows Store.
[Solution 1] Clear the Windows Store cache for 3rd party apps
- Open Run and execute WSReset.exe.
- Open the Command Prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin).
- To find the user SID, execute whoami /user or wmic useraccount get name,sid
- Find the correct user account in the list and note the SID on a piece of paper.
- Open Run and execute Regedit.
- Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion \Appx \AppxAllUserStore.
- Find the key with the SID from step 2 and delete it from the list.
- Restart the computer,