SSL websites won't load
Software: Windows 7, 8 & 10 | Last modified on 2018-06-19
When trying to open a SSL protected website, an error or blank page appears. This is usually caused by either a wrong set time and location on the computer, or a disabled setting within Internet Explorer.
[Solution 1] Update the time settings
- Open the Control Panel and click Clock, Language and Region.
- Open Set the time and date and select Internet Time.
- Click Change Settings...
- Change server to time.windows.com and click Update now.
[Solution 2] Reset stored SSL certificates
- Open the Internet Explorer app.
- Open Tools and click Internet Options.
- Open Content and click Clear SSL State.
[Solution 3] Reset the Internet Explorer
- To reset Internet Explorer back to it's default settings, open the browser and go to Tools.
- Next, click Internet Options.
- Once you opened the Internet Options, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click on Restore advanced settings..
- Next, click on Reset... and make sure to check all the boxes and click on Reset.