Turn off / disable advertisements in Windows 10
Software: Windows 10 | Last modified on 2018-06-18
Regardless of which version is installed, Windows 10 comes with advertisements. Luckily, you're able to turn these advertisements off.
[Solution 1] Disable the advertisements
- Open the Settings app and click Personalisation.
- Open Lock screen and change the Background setting to Picture.
- Change the Get fun facts, tips, and more from Windows and Cortana on your lock screen setting to Off.
- Open Start and change the Occasionally show suggestions in Start setting to Off.
- Return to the main page of the Settings app and click System.
- Open Notifications & actions and change the Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows setting to Off.
- Change the Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what’s new and suggested setting to Off.
- Close the Settings app.
- Open the Cortana Search Bar and click the Settings icon.
- Change the Taskbar tidbits setting to Off.
- Open the Control Panel and click Appearance and Personalisation.
- Open File Explorer Options and click View.
- Untick the Show sync provider notifications setting and click OK to save the setting.